Fractures or broken bones at work can occur in all types of working environments including office work to factory work.
The main causes of a fracture can be the result of:
- A falling objects
There are a range of fracture which you may experience which increase in severity.
Types of fractures include
- Hairline fractures, this is where the bone is only partially fractured, these are the least severe.
- Simple fractures, this where there is a single crack of a bone
- Compound and open fractures, this is where the bone is protruding through the skin, this is the most severe.
If you have suffered from a fracture at work, WE solicitors can help to claim the compensation you need and deserve. Call us on 0800 206 1616 now.
If necessary we solicitors will report employers to the Health and Safety Executive in order for them to investigate the matter and if necessary prosecute employers.
What to do if I have been involved in an accident?
If you have been harmed during the course of your employment you should do the following:
- Report your accident to you supervisor/boss.
- Ensure the accident has been recorded in the Accident book, ensuring you have read the contents and are happy with the accident circumstances.
- If you have been off work for over 3 days due to an accident related accident/illness your employer should complete a RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Report) report should be completed and sent to the HSE.