Dermatitis/Skin Disease

Dermatitis & Skin Disease Compensation Claims

If you have developed a dermatitis or other skin disease at work due to being exposed to substances or other conditions then you might be entitled to compensation from your employer.

Symptoms can include:

  • Rash
  • Itching
  • Blisters
  • Redness
  • Swelling
Under the Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992 there is a duty on all employers to ensure, so far is reasonably practicable, the health safety and welfare of their employees at work.

Common irritants are:

  • metalworking fluids
  • cement, plaster or concrete
  • biocides, anti-bacterials, preservatives or disinfectants
  • strong acids, strong alkalis, strong solutions (e.g. brine) and oxidising agents including domestic bleach or reducing agents
  • hairdressing products including in particular dyes, shampoos, bleaches and permanent waving solutions
  • soaps and detergents
  • plants and plant-derived material including in particular the daffodil, tulip and chrysanthemum families, the parsley family (carrots, parsnips, parsley and celery), garlic and onion, hardwoods and the pine family
  • fish, shell-fish or meat
  • sugar or flour

If you have suffered from dermatitis or skin disease due to work, WE solicitors can help to claim the compensation you need and deserve. Call us on 0800 206 1616 now.

If necessary we solicitors will report employers to the Health and Safety Executive in order for them to investigate the matter and if necessary prosecute employers.

What to do if I have been involved in an accident?

If you have been harmed during the course of your employment you should do the following:

  1. Report your accident to you supervisor/boss.
  2. Ensure the accident has been recorded in the Accident book, ensuring you have read the contents and are happy with the accident circumstances.
  3. If you have been off work for over 3 days due to an accident related accident/illness your employer should complete a RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Report) report should be completed and sent to the HSE.